Friday, June 5, 2015

Rainy Day Banana Bread Blues

First off, apologies for not writing in so long. Hopefully you aren't waiting for me to post new recipes in order to get food on your table every day. I have been in a bit of a simple food phase lately...loads of big salads and grilled proteins. Not sure if it has been the weather- which has been unseasonably hot and humid (I think I read we had the warmest May on record!)- or if I have been waiting for summer's bounty to inspire me. 

Looks like I am going to have to wait as it has been rainy, gray, and chilly for the last week. So as I sulk over my lost opportunity to go strawberry picking for the first time in 4 years (insert whine here). 

So after spending yet another rainy day at the pool for my kids' swim team practice I and going to pour myself a cup of tea and baking a fresh chocolate chip banana bread. That should warm us all up! 



CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD

2 cups all purpose flour (you can substitute whole wheat if you like here. It makes a slightly denser bread but has great flavor)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar 
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp lemon juice 
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground cinnamon (I'll be honest, I only eyeball this) 
3 very ripe bananas- 2 mashed, 1 diced
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F 

Combine the flour, salt and baking soda
In a separate bowl combine the sugar, Greek yogurt, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla. 

Add the wet to the dry and mix gently. Next, combine the lemon juice to the milk, and then add to the batter
Now the fun part- mash up 2 bananas and dice the third. Add to the batter along with chocolate chips



Pour batter into a well buttered loaf pan and bake at 350F for 60 min until golden brown and delicious. 



Hope you enjoy!! 

Xx
K


No comments:

Post a Comment