Thursday, October 8, 2015

Easy Ramen

Been absent from my blog for a while....not because I havent had time but I have been trying a few new recipes and while some have been great (and i promise to blog them soon) some were only ok and need more time to perfect. This recipe for ramen though is so easy and so comforting I cant wait to share it with you. 


I have been under the weather the last few days so soup has been on the menu- matzo ball soup or "Jewish Penincillin" , Enchilada Soup (which was awesome and i promise to blog that next), and now ramen, which I have had a love affair with since I was a kid. 

So let's get to it!

Easy Ramen
1 packet high quality ramen noodle, the flavor is your choice but i like shiso
1 cooked chicken breast sliced
1 handful baby soinach or baby bok choy (sliced thinly)
1-2 green onions thinly sliced
1 egg


Follow the instructions on the ramen packet. Once the noodles are cooked, remove to a bowl and turn the broth down to a simmer and gently poach and egg (or two if you are feeling especially hungry) for 3 minutes. Layer the meat and veg over the noodles, top with the poached egg and laddle the broth over the enitre thing. I like a little hint of spice so i like to add chili garlic (found in the Asian food section of most supermarkets).
See? Easy! It is also extremely flexible. feel free to clean out the fridge with this recipe bu adding any vegetables or leftover meats you have. I have used grilled steak, leftover ham sauteed with a bit of hoisin sauce, or poached shrimp. Be creative and have fun or go simple with just noodles, and egg and a slice of american cheese for a creamy consistency!

Bon appetite!

K



 

No comments:

Post a Comment